Monday, February 8, 2016

Settled on a couple of games

Hi,

Hello there, and welcome to my new blog. Let's talk about gaming first.

I recently purchased a couple of things on Steam, and tried them out for the while. The first was the Rising Tides expansion for Civ Beyond Earth. I came to like Beyond Earth a lot lately, after playing Civ 5 instead for quite a while.

Playing nice with aliens
I won one game easily getting Promised Land victory after clearing out most of my Continent and was now trying a non combat game, even against aliens.

Also, on the recommendation of +Qelric on twitter, I bought Darkest Dungeon. Boy, what a punishing game. I got my first two guys killed on the way to the hamlet. I completed the first quest OK with lots of healing, but then kept failing others and getting my guys killed.

Heading towards another room
So, even though I plonked down some cash on these two games, I'm not actually playing them any more. I'm having more fun with two other games.

The first is Hearthstone. I did play a while ago, but couldn't manage to have fun while I was playing WoW too, because I couldn't put enough time in it. I bought the League of Explorers Adventure, and completed it over the weekend. Most times my regular Priest build would do fine, but sometimes I'd need to build a special deck.

A LoE boss
It was pretty fun. I also tried ranked play in both US and EU, and got to rank 18 in US (with face Hunter), and Rank 20 in EU (with Priest). With the recent news about Standard Mode coming, I've been getting TgT packs with gold.

The other game is Torchlight 2. I did play this a while ago too, but gave it up when I started playing WoW again. It's a great Solo MMO type game. Leveling, questing, gearing etc. Not too hard either. I'm having a lot of fun on my Embermage.

In Ossean Wastes
She finished off Ossean wastes, ground out some more mobs with LAN re-roll play, and is now level 29 and ready to head to the next area.

So, playing Hearthstone and Torchlight 2, and having lots of fun. That's the important thing for me right now.

In Music, I've been uploading more CDs to iTunes. I've done all the Js, Ks, Ls and now I'm on Ms.

Led Zeppelin
For the Js - The Jam, Joe Jackson, James, Janes Addiction etc.
For the Ks - Kate Bush, Keane, Kitchens of Distinction, Kula Shaker etc.
For the Ls - Lightning Seeds, Lemonheads etc.
For the Ms, I've done Madness and an now on Madonna (don't judge :))

My iTunes library
As you can see, I have about 5400 songs now. probably more now because I've uploaded a bit more by now.

As for Beer. I got this great book for Christmas. My wife said it was a sort of last minute standing in line at Barnes and Noble purchase, but is seriously the best thing I got.

Excellent beer book
It was great looking trough to see which ones I'd already had (about 20 I think) and it was great to see my favorite beer listed:

Wadworth's 6X
Ahhh, 6X. I remember this most from when I started work in Swindon after Uni. There was a pub called the Wheatsheaf that had 6X. We went there for the beer a lot, as it was a bit of a dive. It's been my favorite beer ever since.

That's it for this week folks. I'll talk more about my Gaming, Music, and Beer next week. I'll be over at the Hearthstone forums checking out all the anguish over standard mode in the meantime :)

Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment